Thursday, October 4, 2012

Home vs. College

Its been just about a month since I've moved away from home. I have been loving college life so much but probably only left campus 10 times?

  Just thinking about how every day life goes back home I would be out in town running my little errands, I would be watching my little brother play football in the afternoon and spending time with my Family and occasional friends at night. Sharing stories about our day and having some good home cooked meals every now and then. Having a room to your self and a bathroom next to my room. A place to feel rest after a long day. The peace and love of a home.

  Now thinking about every day college life its different but the same in ways.  I go to class everyday running little errands every now and then on my bicycle or walking. I Watch my friends play in their intramural Soccer and dodge ball games.. I go rock climbing with friends with the occasional basketball game every now and then. At night time we all spend it pretty much together hopping from one room to another seeing whats going on there. Making fun of each other or helping out with homework or problems. A big change of having a room mate and sharing everything being a good and bad thing at the same time. Along with a community bathroom on the other side of the hall. The dorms are always filled with laughter and people coming in and out.

Home and college are similar but there really is really No Place Like Home....


2 comments:

  1. You bring tears to my eyes, Jacqueline! You had a wonderful home and parenting and nice to see you thankful! Enjoy college because this stage of life only comes once too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat
      Im a very lucky girl to have the family i got.

      Delete